Serving People & Communities Toolkit
This kit teaches kids about helping people & communities in need on a local level, while introducing them to the world in a unique (& inflatable) way! Perfect for kids 5-10 years old.
This Toolkit contains:
- Uncle Willie and the Soup Kitchen, by Dyanne Disalvo-Ryan- this story is a great way to introduce young children to the concepts of hunger and homelessness as they exist in modern society.
- Activity Guide- includes stories of the For-Purpose Kid characters that champion this cause, fun games and activities, ideas for discussion relating to the characters and the featured book, as well as 5 Things your kids can do to serve people & communities in need. A great way to interact with your kids and talk about meaningful topics in a kid-centered way.
- Giving Bag- as mentioned in The Giving Book, The Giving Bag is “a special kind of piggybank” to collect money to do good in the world.
- Color the World by Seedling- this inflatable globe is a unique and fun way to teach kids about all of the places they can do good in the world. This globe can also be colored and decorated, providing an opportunity for your child to explore their creative side while discovering more about the world.
- Commitment to Action Card- this will be a handy reminder for your For-Purpose Kid to stick to their plan of being kind & doing good- plus it will be a great conversation piece on your refrigerator!
- Surprise “goodies” that may include stickers, magnets, buttons, temporary tattoos and/ or kindness confetti (these vary by package) to mix in a bit more fun for the kids!